Monday, April 15, 2013

Blog post #12



For this blog post assignment we were giving the opportunity to write our own blog post. I would like to teach anywhere from K-2. So I thought what would be a great idea for K-2 and I thought of a wonderful activity. This activity is very important for a student in K-2 to do. It is an easy activity but it will make a student smile one day. The activity I choose is to do a Time Capsule. I never did a Time Capsule in my classroom when I was younger but my brother and sister did in their classroom and it was really neat. For a Time Capsule you have each student’s family member like mom, dad, sister, brother, aunt, uncle, and grandparents, or someone very close to them write a letter to the student for their graduation day. Then, you have your students write a letter to their self for what they would like to say to their self on their graduation day. You can also put other things in the boxes that would be neat for the students to see one day when they open it. You then gather all the letters and whatever else for each student and put them in the student’s shoeboxes and let the children decorate the outside of the shoebox. Then wrap the shoeboxes with wrapping paper and send them home to the parents. Once the parents get them they store them somewhere until that student graduates. Finally on the student’s graduation day they can open the box and read all the letters and see whatever else they put in there. This activity is really important and powerful. I will definitely do this activity when I become a teacher.

No comments:

Post a Comment